Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 4 - Finishing Up

Yay! We've made it through our first monthly QAL! How has everyone enjoyed it? So this week we are making our backs for the pillows and finishing up quilting. Pages 116 - 118 have instructions for 5 different ways to complete the backing. I made the simple envelope back.



If you choose the envelop backing, make sure your to put your top half on first. Then remember to sew 1/2 inch from the edge of the backing fabric. I used a guide to help me. 



After you've sewn everything and finished the edge, cut the excess off and trim the corners.




Here is a picture of my basic envelop back.



 Ta Da! Here are the two pillows that I made and were on the couch long enough for me to take the picture before my daughters claimed their pillow.





March's Pillow is A Bunch Of Crosses by Katy Jones (@ImAGingerMonkey) on page 60. It is a 20" square pillow.
March will also have a random drawing for those who finish their pillows by the end of the month. 

No comments: