Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pillow Fight - Life Aquatic Week 1 : Slice and Dice

Good afternoon Misfits!

If you're just tuning in, we are doing a monthly QAL. Our first book is Pillow Pop. It is 25 pillow cover patterns compiled by Heather Bostic of {House} Of A La Mode. February's pattern is Life Aquatic by Heather Bostic. I'm so excited for our first Book Club Quilt Along! I fell in love with this book and had to buy it. I wanted our group to do something different than a quilt and something that we would be able to make quickly because if you're like me, I have a TON of WIPs that I want to finish this year.




Grab a pencil or pen because we have a small correction to make to the cutting sizes. I contacted Heather to verify this. The cutting for the Linen should be 3" x 14.5" and 3" x 19.5". She told me that this was a correction that the editor failed to make when they notified them of it before printing. 

I have decided to do two of these pillows, but in different color schemes. The first one is in black and red scraps and the second one will be in gray and pink Sunkissed by Sweetwater.




Week 1 will go from today, Feb 3, to Saturday, Feb 9.

What fabrics are you using for your pillow?

No comments: